v2.0 -- 2021-09-02
- XDelta updated to version 3.1.0 and enabled support for both DJW and FGK secondary compression. Patches using either of these compression methods should now apply without error.
- Code cleanup contributed by MaddTheSane
- Added Check for Updates feature. Automatic check for updates can be enabled or disabled from the Preferences dialog.
- New icon and refreshed UI to look better on macOS 11 and later.
- Since automatic updates will only update the app, I removed the ReadMe file from the download and migrated that information to the website. The website has also been updated with the latest app screenshot and support for Dark Mode on compatible browsers.
v1.8 -- 2021-05-20
- Replaced PPF patching engine with the official one. This fixes problems patching some files.
- Added support for PPF3 creation. This produces larger files than BPS so you probably shouldn’t use it but it is still very popular for the format’s original purpose.
- Fixed appearance of the Create and Apply buttons, they always looked disabled on macOS 11 because the button type previously used is now deprecated.
v1.7.1 -- 2020-11-24
- Added native support for Apple Silicon Macs.
- macOS 10.9 or later is now required due to requirements for supporting newer Macs. Previous versions will remain available for download for older Macs.
- Updated Floating IPS code to the latest version, which might have some bug fixes.
- Includes text corrections submitted by Eric Newport; some instances of the app name MultiPatch contained a space.
- Added command line version as a separate download on the website.
v1.7 -- 2018-12-14
- Fixed: PPF Patches did not apply correctly most of the time. (This LibPPF bug was originally documented by Ritesh Sood on SourceForge)
- Switched IPS, UPS and BPS support to the Floating IPS library. It appears to be the preferred library for creating and applying IPS and BPS patches now, creating the most efficient patches and offering the best patch compatibility.
- Added support for applying Ninja 2 .rup patches.
- Compatible with system dark mode in macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Added the ability to disable checksum validation when applying XDelta patches. The option is found in the new preferences window. This preference is only valid for your current session and will be turned back off the next time you launch MultiPatch. When you get a checksum error trying to apply an XDelta patch, it means the file you’re trying to patch is not the same file that the patch was created for. Enabling this new option allows you to patch anyway, but it’s very likely that the patched file will not work.
v1.6.2 -- 2017-04-23
- Fixed: The first two Browse buttons in the Apply Patch window were accidentally swapped in 1.6.
v1.6 -- 2017-04-17
- Fix for bug that can cause invalid UPS patches to be created (Contributed by Ravi Kanodia)
- File extension for patch files is no longer case sensitive.
- Now supports drag and drop for onto the window for files that you can open.
- Closing the window now quits the application.
v1.5 -- 2015-12-28
- Fixed IPS patch creation for 64-bit builds.
- Modernized the code, cleaning up leftovers from when 10.4 was still supported.
- Build is now signed. Still supports OS X 10.7 and newer, including 10.11.
v1.4 -- 2012-12-11
- Added support for applying and creating BPS patches.
- Better handling of filenames with foreign characters and accents.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later is now required, due to the BPS reference implementation which is written in C++11. The compilers included with Xcode do not offer support for C++11 against versions of OS X prior to 10.7.
v1.3 -- 2010-10-18
- Added support for BSdiff patching and patch creation. BSdiff patch creation requires a lot of memory, and creating patches for files over 60MB or so will require more memory than a 32-bit application allows. Since Mac OS X 10.5 is required for 64-bit Universal binaries, I have provided two versions of this release: A 32-bit build for Mac OS X 10.4 and a 64-bit build for 10.5 or later. Since Apple is discontinuing support for OS X 10.4 in XCode 4, this will probably be the last release that I offer with support for it.
v1.2 -- 2010-10-06
- Added more explanation to a couple of the patching errors, so it's more clear to the user when they picked the wrong file.
v1.1 -- 2010-09-08
- Switched to Neil Corlett's UIPS code for IPS support.
- Added patch creation window. Can create IPS, UPS, and XDelta patches.
- Fixed UPS patching, two of the arguments were flipped.
- Compiled against latest XDelta release, 3.0z
v1.0 -- 2010-07-07
- Initial release. Supports applying IPS, UPS, PPF and XDelta patches.